dragon-story

Monday, October 30, 2006

The dragon story made by Italian students of "Verna Banchetti “Anna Frank” Primary School"!

Click on the picture, and you can read and listen to the whole story! (Thanks Andrea for offering the story!) PS: It may takes some time to download the story file.


The story Summary.
Planet Dratix inhabitants are just Dragons! The tale focuses on the Draghicci family, composed by a dad, a mummy and six baby dragons. Mummy is a light blue dragoness with red spots on her back and a pink belly; daddy is green with a yellow crest and red eyes . All the brothers are orange with yellow bellies and wings except LUIGINO!
Luigino is a sky blue baby dragon with no wings. All his brothers spit great flames of fire, Luigino spits ice cubes!

Luigino’s life is not so easy because of his amazing diversity: he can’t joke and play with his brothers as they criticize and make fun of him all the time. Lugino is very very sad.

One day, Luigino meets Saggiodrax, the whisest Dragon living on the Planet Dratix. Saggiodrax tells Luigino about when he was just a little dragon: he could not fly high because one of his wings was smaller than the other; all his friends mocked at him. Fortunately the things have changed in the long run and troubles finally disappeared: Saggiodrax is now one of the most important and respected dragons on Dratix. Luigino becomes more confident and goes home.

The school begin for Luigino and his brothers. They attend “Dragoncelli” School but the situation is not better. All the student dragons mock at Luigino and nobody wants him as a friend: he always spoils their games, he can only spit ice.

The day comes of the first Dragology test but only Luigino has studied for it. His brothers are very envious; they stole Luigino’s paper and they destroy it with a gust of fire. Luigino is punished by the teacher because he can’t present his work.

Luigino doesn’t try to defend himself nor he doesn’t accuse his class mates; the other dragon pupils are not so glad about what is happening to Luigino; on the contrary they are very impressed by his ice tears; Luigino remains alone in a class corner.

Suddenly, loud screams come from outside the school: all the dragons are desperately escaping.
“Dreams of Fire” local volcano is coughing, is waking up after a sound sleep. All the little pupil dragons, all the Dragons on Dratix are in a big danger!

Luigino is the only dragon who is not afraid. He knows he has the solution for the problem!
“Do not worry” – he says to the other pupils. He spits enormous rays of ice which build a wall in front of the incandescent lava. Planet Dratix and all the inhabitants are out of danger.

Luigino’s brothers are very surprised. They find it hard to realize that Luigino saved their lives.
All the people in Dratix apologize and the Dragons leader organizes a big party to thank Luigino: everyone is important in a community.

Luigino is really happy and… as a wonderful surprise… brand new wings are sprouting in his body!!!

18 Comments:

Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Class of Italy,
I loved your story, I thought it was magnificent. I thought it was amazingly creative. Poor blue dragon, I felt so bad! I didn’t like the way that his brothers treated him. I would have never treated someone different like that because everybody is different. I also enjoyed your pictures. You guys are artistic. I also enjoyed hearing you say the story in Italian.
From your new friend,
Lauryn

P.S. I would really like to know how you say artistic in Italian.

7:44 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear friends in Italy,
I loved the story Dratix. The part I loved the most was the pictures. I also enjoyed the words of the story. My favorite character in the story is Luigino. He’s my favorite character because he’s different and he shoots out ice cubes. What is your favorite character? Write back soon.
Your friend,
~Trevor~

7:47 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

To our friends of Italy,
I really liked the story about Planet Dratix. My favorite character is Luigino. He is my favorite character because he can spit out ice cubes. Who is your favorite character and why? Please write back soon.
Your pen pal, Ryan

7:48 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Italian Friends,
I loved your story! It was fun to hear it in Italian. I liked their names. It was sad Luigino had no friends. It wasn’t fair. Your pictures were good too. I really liked your story and I hope you’ll like ours.
Kristin

7:50 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

In your dragon story, my favorite dragon was Luigino. He is my favorite because he shoots ice cubes and I think that is very funny! My favorite part was when he stopped the erupting volcano. Luigino is really cool, but why did he spit ice balls? If you can answer why, then blog me back.

Sincerely,
Tommy

7:52 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear friends of Italy,
I loved your story about planet Dratix. My favorite character was Luigino. He was different than other dragons. Who was your favorite character and why?

From your buddy, Eric
USA

7:53 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Class of Italy,
I thought your story was very good. I liked how the one dragon shot out ice cubes. The part when Luigino saved the town by blowing out blocks of ice, it seemed he felt not so shy anymore.
I was wondering how do you say “I love you” in Italian, and “How was your day”? Please comment back.
Amanda
USA

7:55 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

I liked how you did not just have one event. You had 2 events. I liked that Luigino was different and was treated horribly. Then he saved the day.
I know this does not have anything to do with the story, but how would you say dog in your language?
Your friend,
Matt
USA

7:57 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

To the students of Verna BAnchetti Anna Frank Primary School,
My students and I enjoyed your story Dratix very much. We especially like Luigino and how he saved the day for the planet. Your illustrations were wonderful and hearing the story in Italian was an experience for us all! You read with such awesome expression. It made it seem as if we could understand what you were saying!
After reading and hearing your story, the students want to do something similar with their story so that you can hear their voices too!
Thank you so much.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Schelmay
Teacher of Beachwood Elementary students
USA

8:06 AM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Friends from Italy,

I have just read your story and I found it very engrossing! I was curious about what made you think about it and I’m also hoping that you will like our story!
I enjoyed a lot of things about your story. The thing I liked the most was how the dragon, Luigini, breathed ice, instead of fire. It was remarkable and different! Another thing I enjoyed was how you sent the story in your voices. It was unusual for us but I think we all enjoyed it. I hope soon we will do something like that!

Talk to you soon,
Ashley
USA

12:01 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Verna Banchetti Primary School,

I really like Dratix, especially Luigini. I also admire your illustrations too. It’s so awesome how you sent us your Italian voices. We’ll also be sending you a story of our own called “The Scroll of Knowledge.” Anyway, Dratix is very creative. It’s sad that the other dragons made fun of Luigini. Amazing volcano drawing too!

Your American friend,
Adam
USA
P.S. Write back please.

12:03 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Class of Italy,

I liked the volcano scene when Luigini saves Dratix from the lava! I also liked the pictures. I couldn’t understand the Italian, but the pictures helped me understand better. I know some Italian, and the story had some words I knew. I also liked that Luigini spits ice cubes instead of fire.

From Beachwood Elementary School

Frank D`Alonzo

P.S.: The apostrophe in D`Alonzo takes place of an e, so, my real last name is Dealonzo!

12:05 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Italian friends,
The story you wrote was compelling, and I thought it was remarkable. My favorite part was when Luigini saved the other dragons from the volcano eruption. I think you guys are very talented when it comes to story writing. It was also amazing how you made the slideshow with voices. I can’t wait until you read our story, The Scroll of Knowledge. I bet you will find it tremendous.

From,
Clayton
USA

12:06 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Italian Friends,
I loved your story! It was awesome! The slideshow you made was so wonderful. Luigini looked so artistic. Whoever made it was an artist. All of the pictures were very descriptive too. I think that you will all become artists one day if you keep up with this great work!
Your friend,
Katie
USA

12:07 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

To our Italian Friends,

We all really enjoyed the story Dratix. It was really gripping and had a compelling problem and solution. You guys are really creative! On the other hand, it was awesome how you added your voices to the story. We will send something similar to you! We will send you our story The Scroll of Knowledge! Please send your opinions about the story to us! Thanks! What else is new?
From, Mackenzie

12:08 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

To our friends in Italy,

We all really enjoyed your story. I found that the part where Luigini put out the volcano with his ice breathing power was the best part of the story! When you read our story “The Scroll of Knowledge” I’d love to hear your perspective about it. I’d like to hear more about your thoughts on dragons! When you get this message please write back!

TOODLES FOR NOW!
Your friend from America,
Valerie
USA

12:09 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Class of Italy
LUIGINO is a very special dragon in the Draghicci family, but I think he's the best dragon in Planet Dratix. He rescued the whole planet when the volano erupted! If he could'nt spit ice cubes, the whole planrt might have been destroyed!

If there are anyone "special" around us, we still have to be nice to him. Discriminating them is not very good. It might hurt their feelings.

Sincerely,
Jason

9:15 PM  
Blogger We are friends~ said...

Dear Children and Friends,

many many thanks for your comments and questions about "Dratix" story.

Thanks to Teacher Manuela and Teacher Stefania, Verna-Banchetti "Anna Frank" Primary School (Umbertide).

The children who realized the work are now in their first year at the Middle School.I will try to give your letters to their parents in order to have answers from them, if possible. If not, you will have messages from the other students in "Anna Frank", this year!

We are so glad about your interest and friendship! We wait for your stories!

Teacher Andrea

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home